Ostrzeżeń:
 1/4/6
Wysłany: 2009-07-15, 19:20   

can learn a little English, in short, my language is tragic
0 UP 0 DOWN

Grzech 

UP 20 / UP 9

Wysłany: 2009-07-16, 06:16   a short explanation

Torro, frankly speaking - I lost you. Thus I am sure you'll use this explanation - I said szaniec would be laughed at because of this: 'oh maj gat.... der ar a lot of poliglotus pipul. inglisz dział on de polisz forum łer lukają mejbi 4-5 osoby aj fing tat is to ass idea.' Is it clearer now? I will not laugh at people who make mistakes while typing English. I don't do so while teaching, I won't do so while directing this meesage board. I will laugh at people who criticise my 2-year-old idea of intriducing an English part of forumbrzeg.pl using this kind of - well, what to call it? - Ponglish. Purely because Ponglish is not English, and this part of our message board is intented for people who are not afraid to try their best to type English as well as possible.
By the way - who says I won't make a mistake while typing English? It is not highly likely, but at the same time not impossible, right?
Ostatnio zmieniony przez Grzech 2009-07-16, 06:17, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  
0 UP 0 DOWN

torro 

UP 1 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-07-16, 12:50   

I perfectly understand to whom and what you meant, but anyway, for me the bottom line is: you are a worse English speaker (writer)- you'll be laughed at. Everybody makes mistakes (minor, major-any) and, as you mentioned, you make them too (spelling ones, but anyway). Of course, szaniec and his "English" is another story, but still, he should be politely asked not to use it instead of being laughed at. If you are an English teacher, the idea of lauging at others because of their inabilities should never enter your head. Nevertheless, I do like the idea of this English version o "forum" and I hope it'll evolve into something worthwhile.
0 UP 0 DOWN

Grzech 

UP 20 / UP 9

Wysłany: 2009-07-16, 14:42   

Dear Torro - I don't make spelling mistakes. Do you call 'intriduced' a spelling mistake? If so, you are wrong. It is a typing mistake, a totally different story. If you find one spelling mistake made by me, please let me know - I swear I will correct myself and learn the correct version of the word. But it must be a spelling error, not a typing one.
As regards the 'laughing at' part - it seems you didn't fully understand my point, but I believe that is just the way it is when people talk. I have already explained myself, I believe it should be enough. Just to make it clear - I won't laugh at the said user because his/her English is poor, but because of the way he/she tries to criticize my idea of introducing this English message board. If he/she wants to say he doesn't like it, he/she should bring his/her own idea to the table and try to work on it. If this idea is better than mine - let's introduce his/her one. Writing/typing English the way he/she did is just funny. The English message board (I mean - myself, but through the message board) would like to encourage such people to learn English in order to avoid such mistakes.
In the immediate future I am going to meet up with yasiu and decide on technical details. I hope I will have some associates (what about you, torro?) and we will take off as soon as possible.
Ostatnio zmieniony przez Grzech 2009-07-16, 14:53, w całości zmieniany 2 razy  
0 UP 0 DOWN

torro 

UP 1 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-07-16, 15:17   

As I mentioned above, I like the whole idea and am ready if needed.
and btw, I meant the word "definately", which is one of the most often misspelled forms of definitely and is not just a typing mistake;)
Ostatnio zmieniony przez torro 2009-07-16, 21:49, w całości zmieniany 2 razy  
0 UP 0 DOWN

Grzech 

UP 20 / UP 9

Wysłany: 2009-07-17, 13:52   

Unfortunately for me it is a spelling mistake and you are right. I am shocked, because until 10 minutes ago I was sure I could spell it correctly. I am also highly ashamed for it turned out it is possible for me to make a spelling mistake. Yesterday I said it was not highly likely:-). So you hit a jackpot with this, let's say, 3% high likehood. I sincerely thank you for correcting me. I am ashamed, but this bitter feeling turns out good - I will not make this mistake ever again. Frankly speaking, I don't remember if I have ever written this word in my life.
May I ask how come you know English well? I mean, what do you use it for?
And does it count that even educated English natives make the same error? Well, for me it is not a very good excuse...
Thanks again...
Ostatnio zmieniony przez Grzech 2009-07-17, 13:53, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  
0 UP 0 DOWN

torro 

UP 1 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-07-17, 14:11   

It is possible for everybody to make a mistake, let alone a spelling one, so don't be ashamed:)
I studied English philology. I used to be an English teacher. Now I'm in the UK and I use it for everything: reading books, watching films, helping my kids with their homework, talking to natives, and I'm my hubby's secretary :lol:
Ostatnio zmieniony przez torro 2009-07-17, 14:28, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  
0 UP 0 DOWN

Necia 
*zakręcony pechowiec*

Zaproszone osoby: 2

UP 24 / UP 8

Wysłany: 2009-08-07, 20:57   

Hi, I'm really happy, because now I can develop my English.
I hope so now i don't forget more words :)
0 UP 0 DOWN

conix 
xyz ;d

UP 0 / UP 0

Ostrzeżeń:
 1/4/6
Wysłany: 2009-08-08, 11:02   

Huhu.. English version?!
i dont understand why..
Of course maybe this is good idea, but i think english topics can't be popular beacuse we live in Poland, in Brzeg.
We dont have more peoples from other countries, who are here :D

(Sorry for my bad english.. i just try say something good xDD)
0 UP 0 DOWN

Grzech 

UP 20 / UP 9

Wysłany: 2009-08-08, 12:37   let's talk local business here!

Who says we must talk English affairs over? Let us talk about local stuff, each topic can be discussed in English, can't it? My two-year-old idea concerning English part of forumbrzeg.pl was not aimed at bringing English-speaking people down here to chat about new railway connections between Cromer and Land's End in southern England. I want to talk forumbrzeg.pl users into using English for everyday conversation about everyday problems in and around Brzeg.
I know it is not very diplomatic to admit that the idea to create English part of forumbrzeg.pl was on my mind as early as April, 2007. But, as they say where my grandfather came from - better late than never;-).
0 UP 0 DOWN

<a class=
Gość

UP 0 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-11-26, 17:16   Foreigners in Brzeg

Well, it seem's to be that there are few foreigners in Brzeg, in fact - Iam the one of them! ;-)
So, what to do in this autumn days as a foreigner in Brzeg?
I speak very little of polish, so if there is a chance to learn it quicker - why not!
:D

nadrifilozof 

UP 0 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-11-26, 17:22   Foreigners in Brzeg

Well, it seem's to be that there are few foreigners in Brzeg, in fact - Iam the one of them!
So, what to do in this autumn days as a foreigner in Brzeg?
I speak very little of polish, so if there is a chance to learn it quicker - why not!
0 UP 0 DOWN

Grzech
Gość

UP 0 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-11-26, 22:23   detailed introduction

Well, intrduce yourself in more detail, please. Then we might get you familiarized with Brzeg and stuff. And thanks for joining.

nadrifilozof 

UP 0 / UP 0

Wysłany: 2009-12-01, 19:05   

Czesc!
Well indeed I could introduce myself in a proper manner.
So, I am Croat and now living with my wife, which is Polish, in Brzeg, getting familiar with the town, and also learning language. (I hope that all of you know where Croatia /Chorwacja/ is, so there's no need for further explanations.)

Among other things I'm interested in nature and culture, so if there is some interesting things going on on this field - it could be nice to visit it.

And for the end of this post maybe one or two questions.
What to do in Brzeg in this time of year?
Are you familiar if in Brzeg are more people from Croatia or even from former Jugoslawia?

Na razie!
0 UP 0 DOWN

Trifonas 
twoja stara

UP 31 / UP 12

Wysłany: 2009-12-22, 00:40   

nadrifilozof napisał/a:
Are you familiar if in Brzeg are more people from Croatia or even from former Jugoslawia?

Yep, I know one guy. He's fluent both - polish and croatian i think (im not sure about where exactly he's from).
0 UP 0 DOWN

Odpowiedz do tematu